Biotechnological supervision of biogas plants
What is biotechnological supervision of a biogas plant?
Biotechnological supervision of biogas plants involves constant monitoring of methane fermentation parameters through regular physicochemical testing of the digestate. The scope and frequency of digestion tests are determined individually for each plant based on information on the technology used, the types and variability of the substrates used for biogas production and the current biological state of the fermenters. The results are analysed and compared with historical data to make informed decisions on biogas production control and avoid plant downtime due to unstable biogas production.
What are the benefits of biotechnology monitoring?
Conducting biotechnological monitoring in a biogas plant will result in:
- maintaining stable biogas production = anticipated revenue,
- avoiding the reduction or stopping of biogas production due to overloading of the fermentation process (so-called biogas overfeeding) or partial or total inhibition.
- Optimisation of the conversion into biogas of the substrates used, which is particularly important if expensive raw materials from target crops are used.
What goes into Biotechnological supervision?
Biotechnological monitoring in a biogas plant most commonly determines pH, dry matter, dry organic matter, ammonium and total nitrogen concentration, FOS/TAC ratio, volatile fatty acid profile, macro and micronutrient concentration and other parameters on request.
How do we carry out biotechnological monitoring of biogas plants?
- Together with the client we determine the number of samples to be tested, the scope of testing and the frequency.
- We provide a timetable of surveys and their pricing.
- Once the contract or order is signed, we proceed with the implementation of the task according to the schedule.
- As part of the collaboration, we provide containers and courier shipments.
- The results are made available by e-mail and in the cloud in the form of summaries (Excel files), which are always accompanied by practical comments. This summary makes it easy to follow trends in individual parameters of the process.
- If the test results raise concerns, the client is additionally informed by telephone with instructions on what action should be taken to stabilise the biogas production process.
- Should the need arise to use process support products for biogas plants, such as micronutrients, enzymes, desulphurisation products, etc., we provide free-of-charge advice on the selection and supply of suitable preparations.
If you are interested in this service, feel free to contact us.