Environmental approvals for biogas plants (DŚ)
In accordance with the current Act on the provision of information on the environment and its protection, public participation in environmental protection and environmental impact assessments, any planned investment project listed in the Regulation as projects that may have a significant impact on the environment requires environmental approval. The environmental approval is the first decision in the investment process. Therefore, if your investment is included in the above-mentioned regulation, you should apply for such a decision. An environmental approval will be a necessary formal attachment to subsequent permits, i.e., zoning decision, a construction notification a construction permit, and in the case of waste management, also to an application for waste processing or collection.
The environmental approval is valid for 6 years. There is the possibility of extending it to 10 years if the investment starts to extend over time. These permits are issued as administrative decisions by the relevant authority for an indefinite period.
You are planning to build a biogas plant above 0.5 MW:
- producing biogas from plant products,
- producing biogas from waste falling within the definition of agricultural biogas,
- producing biogas from waste,
- producing biogas from animal by-products,
An environmental approval will have to be obtained for either of the projects.
As part of the service:
- firstly, we will help you determine whether your investment requires environmental approval,
- we will determine the correct classification of the planned project,
- we will draw up an application on your behalf that meets the statutory requirements,
- we will develop a KIP (Project Information Sheet),
- we will prepare an EIA report (environmental impact report),
- we will help you compile all the formal attachments required to obtain a decision,
- we can represent you before local authorities in administrative proceedings,
- we can represent you in an administrative hearing held with public participation,
- we can respond to counter reports presented by the Authority in the course of the EIA procedure,
- we will assist in preparing an appeal against a decision refusing to grant an environmental approval if the refusal was unlawful,
- if you already have the environmental approval (DŚ) and it is due to expire soon, we will draw up an application to extend it from 6 to 10 years.