In accordance with the current Act on the provision of information on the environment and its protection, public participation in environmental protection and environmental impact assessments, any planned investments listed in the Regulation on projects that may have a significant impact on the environment require environmental approval. The environmental approval is the first decision in the investment process. Therefore, if your investment is included in the above-mentioned regulation, you should apply for such approval. The environmental approval will be a necessary formal attachment to subsequent permits, i.e., decision on development (and land use) conditions, construction notification, a construction permit, and in the case of waste management, also to an application for waste processing or collection.
The environmental approval is valid for 6 years. There is a possibility of extending it to 10 years if the investment starts to extend over time. These approvals are issued, by administrative decision, by the relevant authority, for an indefinite period.
Are you planning an investment and not sure whether you are required to obtain environmental approval? Contact us, we will be happy to advise you.
You already know that you will need environmental approval, and we will be happy to prepare an EIA report or KIP for you.
As part of the service:
- Firstly, we will help you determine whether your investment requires an environmental approval,
- We will determine the appropriate classification of the planned project,
- we will draw up an application for you that meets the statutory requirements,
- develop a KIP (Project Information Sheet),
- prepare an EIA report (environmental impact report),
- we will help you compile all the formal attachments required to obtain a decision,
- we can represent you before local authorities in administrative proceedings,
- we can represent you in an administrative hearing held with public participation,
- we can respond to counter reports presented by the Authority in the course of the EIA procedure,
- we will assist in preparing an appeal against a decision refusing to grant an environmental approval if the refusal was unlawful,
- if you already have a decision and it is coming to the end of its term, we will develop a proposal to extend the Environmental Approval from 6 to 10 years.